A range of Yoga experiences offered…
- Group classes including workplace programs
- Personalised individual or small group programs including take home resources for home practise
A Typical class in this Yoga tradition…
- Is 1 & 1/2 hours in length
- Celebrates the uniqueness of each individual
- Is Accessible, Adaptable and Attainable
- Benefits more than just the physical body; &
- Uses a range of different practises to bring all the aspects of ourselves into balance and harmony – improving overall health and wellbeing
A Typical Avalokita Yoga class…
- Has a theme for the month to enable a deeper exploration and a greater diversity of practises
- Builds in intensity during the month
While the teacher guides the class, students are encouraged to listen to the teacher within & make the class their own – resting, modifying and reducing the intensity as required.
Smaller class sizes allow for more individual attention
Yoga as a mindfulness practise…
Mindfulness can be described as being… fully present in the ‘here & now’
By focusing on the coordination of breath, movement and awareness during Yoga practise, our awareness is drawn back to the present moment and away from the anxieties of the future and the regrets of the past.
Like anything in life….the more we practise mindfulness, the better we get at doing it…… resulting in more time spent in the present moment.
Mindfulness practises can both reduce stress levels and increase resilience to stress